Chef Rick Tramonto is a Celebrity Chef out of Chicago who values life, food and his faith. Having had a rough go at it from an early age he found his way through the back door of an Old Fashioned Wendy’s. Thats where he started his culinary journey but certainly not where he stopped. Listen in on his story and how he overcame the odds on The Recipe Podcast!
Lesson of the Day: Stay True To Yourself
- Starting at Wendy’s
- Hard times- I didn’t know it was a rough go, I just knew I had to take care of things
- Having a restaurant empire and then watching life happen and it all crashed…
- Father was a good guy, just in a bad way. The kids in the band neighborhoods didn’t know any other way, this is their world. So I wanted to show my kids that… That was the start of Angel Tree- a charity giving kids with parents in prison a chance to have a birthday or Christmas and be the bridge between them and their parents to give them hope and show them that there is another way
- I want the second half of my life to be full time ministry as possible
- What I love best about my job is seeing the people come out of the kitchen… These chefs are all rock stars now! Thats the give back.
- My advice is stay true to yourself
“Be confident in who your are and your abilities, and don’t second guess those. Once your in the kitchen, you know what to do, you know how to get things done. Just make things happen, people will trust in you, so just be confident.” – Christopher Roth