Max Martini is known for his Military roles in Hollywood, which has led him to his work with Veterans. We uncover his story and how Saving Private Ryan changed his life for the better. He has now appeared in several big name movies, to include, Pacific Rim, Captain Phillips, and 50 Shades of Grey, but his passion is the Military and its Veterans. Learn more about his amazing efforts and hilarious stories through this behind the scene look into the film industry on The Recipe Podcast.
Lesson of the Day: Give Back
- Saving Private Ryan , in a weird way, it changed me. Most of my friends became military, my politics were different… I had an incredible desire to help veterans.
- If anybody has the opportunity to go abroad and see our soldiers and what their doing, I encourage them to go do that. It’s life changing…
- I have completely boycotted the NFL and I’m a junkie… The 3 minutes of saluting this country, don’t disrespect it. These men and women have fought way to hard for that flag and that song, respect that.
- The supporting roles are more difficult. When you have a leading role, the writers have written your character and have mapped out their emotional journey. When you’re in a supporting role, you have to create that and its a lot more work.
- I had no idea what 50 Shades of Grey was.. then I told my wife and she said “YOU HAVE TO DO IT, ITS GOING TO BE HUGE!”