Coming back to the ring? Known for his incredible Knock Out Power and his Intimidating Presence in the Octagon, this is not a guy you’d want to mess with… But in person, one of the best people you’ll ever meet. Listen in as we uncover the man behind the punches, THE Anthony “RUMBLE” Johnson.
Lesson of the Day: The Road to Success Is Never Easy
- I just go out there and give my best, whether it’s win, lose, or draw…
- I never loved fighting, but I enjoyed it. God gave me a talent and I used it.
- I missed weight and the UFC cut me… I was mad at the world but I only had myself to blame… so I buckled down and trained harder… and I got to the title fight twice!
- At the end of the day, my health is most important… so if I go back and fight, I want it to be worth it.
- Its a lot of risk, sacrifice and dedication… sometimes you just have to jump in and take that chance. If you don’t, you’re going to be sitting back watching someone else profit off of your idea… “the only thing that comes to a sleeper is a dream”
- To be successful, it doesn’t happen over night…. You work your butt off to get to the top. Everyone sees what the successful people have, they don’t see the work behind it all. They have the same 24 hours as we do- it’s what you do with those 24 hours to be the best that you can be.
- Using marijuana to help those in need. Big Pharma doesn’t want you to know about the positive effects.
“Fear. Fear is something that is very strong in our lives and you never let that fear to control your decisions. I don’t think I’ve taken a position that I’ve felt that I was fully ready for, but I never said I couldn’t do it. I pushed myself and always took that leap of faith when I felt it was necessary” – Chef Gabe Gomez