Coach Lou Holtz is one of the most trusted men in the US. Such an inspiring man has so many great life lessons to give. On this episode we explore some of those life lessons and learn what its like to live a successful life. “You’re either growing or you’re dying”…, lets grow together on The Recipe.
Lesson of the Day: Everybody Needs 4 Things in Life- Something to Do, Someone to Love, Someone to Believe In, and Something to Hope For…
- Players kneeling during the national anthem- “When I was a football coach, I always told the players ‘we will not use our football team to promote any cause. If you would like to stand for something as an individual, you can do that on your own time, but as a team, we will not stand for any cause’”
- What makes you jump out of the bed in the morning?- “I gotta have something to do and something to hope for…”
- There’s a big difference between being successful and being significant, when you’re significant you help others to become successful.
- “You want some great advice, the best person to look to is your spouse, nobody knows you any better, loves you any more, and wants to see you succeed anymore than your spouse. And after all, they must be very intelligent because they chose you!”
- “There’s a rule in life, You’re either growing or you’re dying”
- “Don’t change the values that you were raised with by any stretch of the imagination…You have the right to fail, you do not have the right to cause other people to fail because you didn’t fulfill your obligation… Your choices are going to determine your happiness, your success, and your future”
“I think in every driven professional, you find yourself at a crossroads at one point or another, but the truth is, I didn’t know that we were going to be successful, all I knew is I was going to screw my hands to the wall until it was. I’ve always driven toward everything as hard as I could and if you take your foot off that gas at any moment, that’s when other people pass you by, you can rest on your success and acknowledge them, but you gotta keep pushing… Once you decide to take the leap, the only thing you’re required to do is never look back.” – James Roberts, Toutant & Dobutsu