How do you get from point A to point B? We all have a dream that we want to achieve, but most of us just don’t know how to make it happen. Celebrity Chef Graham Elliot tells us how to compose your space and build your way to success! How do you build your surroundings to set yourself up for greatness? Find out on this episode of The Recipe.
Lesson of the Day: Compose Your Space
- Know what you want your end goal to be and just whatever you have to do to get to that point.
- Working with friends and family– “If you know yourself well enough, and know your strengths and weaknesses, I think you can find a way to balance that out and make it work. Just like a marriage, embrace the fact that your partner does “This” or “That”, it can either drive you crazy or you can say, ‘okay, they may not be business savvy and know the books, but they are the most incredible person for service, hospitality and people’”
- Surround yourself with great people
- Its all about constantly thinking about what you want. Know what you want your end goal to be, and work towards it.
- To be successful- travel! Take the chance to understand different cultures, history, food, experiences.
“You need to evaluate your circumstance and have a good vision about the potential of a property and where you want to go. From there it’s finding the potential of the team thats already in place and realizing what your needs are. Its about staff development, getting people to believe, getting them on board, and clearing a path to success for the team. As you get through those things, it starts t make sense of where you’re trying to go and what you’re trying to do.” – Michael Powell