On this episode of “The Recipe”, we’re discussing personal attitudes and how it relates to the troubled employee. How do you inspire and coach and negative person to see the world differently? You teach people how to look! “Where are you looking and what are you looking for?” Learn how veer your staff in the right direction by showing them how to look towards the positive.
Lesson of the Day: Where are you looking?
- How to bring together people of varying personalities: Communication- the ability to communicate and attract people that would express their vulnerabilities to establish a good dialog for friendship.
- The secret to staying positive- “For me, its really about prayer, to be honest with you, praying everyday to stay in the right frame of mind”
- Invest your time in people and truly listen to what they have to say. Take their problem areas and “turn them into 0s, if i’m bad at math, I’m never going to have a PHD in math from Harvard, but if I can pass a simple algebra class and diffuse it, then my other, brighter attributes will shine through..”
- What makes you jump out of bed?- “I fear two words; complacency and irrelevant”
- Best advice- “Consistency is the Key”
“You’re never going to be perfect, but you try, you try, you try. I think the journey getting there is really the best part… I think the one thing you have to do is really commit yourself, keep your head down and focus on what you need to do…. Don’t be that guy that knows everything, most successful people I know, are ready to admit that they don’t know everything, but they’re going to seek out those who can help them to figure out what they don’t know”– Tim Prefontaine
Founding Member of the Rochester Business Classic
Wilson Commencement Park
Wimot Cancer Center Foundation
Rochester Prep Charter School Endowment
Ronald McDonald House- Crystal Heart Award
Quote: “Your business success isn’t who defines you, it is your family, friends and willingness to repay back the community. Plus to tie it all together is the pursuit of Christian Values, of love, Peace and Joy.”
- Producer: Jessica Cowan
- Editor: Phillip Rosas