In his book, “Leadership Lessons from a Chef”, Chef Carroll talks about DREAMS, and how important it is to chase those dreams. In this episode we discuss the “Thing” within all of us that we are supposed to find, to dig out of ourselves and chase. It’s what makes us all different, makes an impact on others, and what makes us jump out of bed in the morning. So, how do you find that “Thing”? That’s what were discussing today on “The Recipe”.
Lesson of the Day: What Makes You Jump Out of Bed in the Morning?
- Limitations are self imposed- “Won’t” is just unacceptable
- How do you find the Motivation to keep searching for things to do? aka- “What makes you jump out of bed in the morning”
- The Secret to success within the Culinary Olympics- “Teamwork, Chemistry, friendship”
- Biggest Life Lesson- “Never take yourself too Seriously”
- Biggest Challenge- “Good is the Enemy of Great”, some people settle with just “good”
- Best Advice- “Be a Part of Everything”
“Consistency. It is important because we make all of our condiments in house, we want to make sure they taste the same every time. That every time they have a hot dog, it tastes exactly how it tasted when we first opened the food truck. It’s that taste that makes us who we are, and we want to give our customers that consistency, to keep them coming back.” – Amalia Pferd, Owner of Good Dog Houston
Chef Paul Sorgule
Harvest America Ventures
Blog- Harvest America
Books: “In the Shadow of Cooks: How Come the Chicken Isn’t Getting Brown” & “The Event That Changed Everything”
- Producer: Jessica Cowan
- Editor: Phillip Rosas