Carrabba’s Italian Grill is one of the most successful restaurant chains across the United States. But how did it get it’s start? They say you should never mix business and family, but when did what everyone else says stop Johnny Carrabba? A young Sicilian boy making his mark on the restaurant scene, he kept his family and friends close by, working and living side by side everyday. And 25+ years later, he is a restaurant mogul. Tune in to find out just how he did it, and the secrets behind his ongoing success today.
Lesson of the Day: Never Forget Where You Come From.
- The Beginning: How did Carrabba’s get started? “It was a long shot!”
- Expanding: “It’s got legs!… I wasn’t interested in expanding…”
- “You never know who you impress”. Every little thing you do is a chance to impress somebody. You never know who you’re talking to.
- You’re never “ready”.
- “You can’t coach heart”. Having the heart, enthusiasm, and determination to make something happen.
- The Secret to keeping employees for 15+ years…
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning? : “My employees. Ive made promises to them, and I am going to keep my promise”
“Commitment is key. It takes a lot for people to commit to something these days, with all of the tech and social media and need for instant satisfaction. But when it takes time and effort, and years, months, days, hours to put into something to reach an accomplishment, whether you succeed at it or come in second, the fulfillment is so much more and you can’t buy that, you can’t download it. And when you finally hit that, its like a drug, you want more.” – Adam Heath, Executive Chef of Houston Racquet Club, Texas Chefs Association