The Inaugural episode of The Recipe!! We are so thrilled to bring you this podcast focused on the Secrets of Success and touching the hearts of those around us. Chef Carroll has kicked off this episode with a special guest, his co-author, John David Mann. Their book, “The Recipe” sparked the idea for this show, so we thought it more than appropriate to have John on to commemorate our first episode. Not to mention, John is one of the most successful people of our time.
Lesson of the Day: What you can achieve when you put your mind to it.
- John’s constant search for “What am I doing here?”, led to him doing so many different and incredible things.
- The story of how John and Chef Carroll met and wrote “The Recipe”.
- What made you jump off the cliff with this book?- “I believed in this book. It has a good story and I know its going to be a success, it just needs to reach people.”
- Why is this book a different animal? It doesn’t fit into a known category… it’s personal growth, tied with food, mixed with emotional story telling all leading in to life lessons. “All teaching happens through stories, and all good stories come from emotion… that is what this book gives you, real stories, real people”
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning? “I wake up so appreciative of every day. I just feel like I want to soak in every moment”
“I made the decision to move to Norway instead of taking an Executive Chef position to learn something new and expand my knowledge. I have always done well when I get kicked around a bit, and moving to Norway for an apprenticeship is going to do just that. I am not going to know anything, and thats exciting.” – Kevin Murphy